A Brief History...
During the summer of 1995, David's materials were moved from his residence of 40 years in Stony Point NY, to a house he had moved into down the road in Tomkins Cove. The project was co-ordinated by Jean Rigg. The initial move and enormous clean-up effort was instigated by Erin Donovan and a group of Yale University musicians: Nicole Rose, Melinda Kreisa and John Mangan. Following the primary salvage of archival materials, a group from Wesleyan University (including Ron Kuivila and Matt Rogalsky) continued the move and clean-up of the Stony Point house. While the materials were housed in Tomkins Cove, work was carried out by John D.S. Adams and Peter Zaparinuk to begin initial sorting, cataloging and study of the materials. Following David's passing on August 13, 1996, all of the archival materials were moved to a space in lower Manhattan. Finally, Tudor's entire archive (excluding his instruments) was aquired by the Getty Research Institute in Los Angeles. This undertaking was spearheaded by Nancy Perloff, currator at the Getty Research Institute. The Getty Research Institute has recently posted an online database of information entitled "The Art of David Tudor".
Tudor's electronic instruments are currenly a part of Wesleyan University's World Instrument Archive.
[ HOME | ABOUT | ARTICLES | BIOGRAPHY/CAREER | COLLABORATORS | COMPOSITION | ACTIVITIES | 1926-1996 ]
[ DISCOGRAPHY | ELECTRONICS | INPUT | INTERVIEWS | LINKS | PHOTOGALLERY | PIANO | SOUND CLIPS ]
This page was last updated on August 13, 2004.
For more information contact: John D.S. Adams @ (email@example.com)
or D'Arcy Philip Gray @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Server space generously provided by Electronic Music Foundation.